Join us for JFPS 2014, scheduled October 19-22, 2014, at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center just outside of Washington, DC. Discover the most advanced, current, and valuable training, practical how-to strategies and techniques for improving your pharmacy operation and innovative clinical practices to impact patient care.
New for 2014, the Joint Forces Pharmacy Seminar will be rebranded as the Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar, or simply JFPS! This unique meeting provides the opportunity to engage with ALL federal pharmacy colleagues from the VA, USPHS, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. This is truly a one of a kind meeting! Appropriately, the JFPS 2014 theme is "Standing at the Summit of Federal Pharmacy Practice.” This theme supports the focus on outstanding education and training designed exclusively to bring together the very best in federal pharmacy practice.
The Call for Posters is now available. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 16 at 2359 EDT.
Seminar Mission: To provide a federal-focused educational and training venue bringing together pharmacy professionals representing the federal pharmacy community.
Plenary and Education Session Focus: Sessions will focus on collaborations, partnerships, and joint efforts where pharmaceutical care and services are providing the best patient outcomes.
Education and Training Objectives:
- Enhance pharmaceutical care across all pharmacy practice settings within federal health care.
- Evaluate technological and automation advances in the delivery of pharmaceutical services that could be implemented in the pharmacy practice environment.
- Learn practical and easily implementable examples of integrated models of patient care management.
- Improve practice skills of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
- Present data and discuss developments in medication therapy management, medication adherence strategies, and patient-centered medical home and disease management.
- Learn best business practices that will improve clinical leadership, pharmacy operations management, and formulary decision making processes.
Federal pharmacists receive a 50% discount on APhA membership, in addition to many great benefits. Join APhA now!
Want to know more about JFPS? COL Mike Heath MS USA (Ret), and others long associated with the seminar, have created this historical brief, including past locations and key facts.
Contact us with any questions.